Last Updated: January 02, 2018
Thank you for using MARKedPlace !
At MARKedPlace Your privacy is important to us and we know that you are concerned about how we use your personal information. Both MARKedPlace Pty Ltd and MARKedPlace Education Fund our Non-Profit Company (Public Benefit Organisations) collect and process your personal information according to the privacy principles set out below comply with applicable laws, rules and standards:
We maintain and continuously improve our data privacy culture by providing training and awareness sessions for all staff, and where relevant, for third-party service providers.
· All staff is made aware of their responsibilities in terms of laws and internal rules that apply to protecting personal information.
· We promote the protection of personal information.
· We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you how we collect and use your personal information.
· We process your personal information in a lawful and reasonable manner.
· We will update your personal information when you inform us of any changes.
· We take reasonable measures to maintain the quality and accuracy of your personal information.
· We will take note of the rights you have under applicable privacy and data protection laws, and will make sure that we deal with queries about privacy issues quickly and transparently.
· In terms of our operating model, we will share your personal information with our subsidiaries, subscription base, partners and affiliates following your agreement with our terms and conditions.
· We make every effort to comply with data privacy and related laws and codes of conduct that apply in the countries where we operate.
· Our third-party service providers must have appropriate security measures in place and comply with our privacy principles when we outsource any services.
· We will take reasonable actions to make sure that appropriate measures are in place before we transfer your personal information to other countries if the transfer is necessary to provide services to you.
There are three general categories of information we collect.
· We collect information you share with us when you use the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Account Information. When you sign up to use MARKedPlace , we require certain information such as your name, email address, and date of birth (Demographic Information).
· Profile Information. To optimise the MARKedPlace platform features and benefits, we also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, gender and other relevant personal information. Certain parts of your profile (including but not limited to your profile picture, first name, and expressions of interest) form a part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
· Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information for example proof of application and or proof of registration at a nominated education provider.
· Payment Information – Subscribers Only. We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Services to process payments.
· Communications with MARKedPlace and other Members. When you communicate with MARKedPlace or use the MARKedPlace Platform to communicate with other platform members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
· Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your MARKedPlace profile, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the MARKedPlace Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches, items added to watchlists, lead purchase made by subscribers, and other actions on the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Location Information. When you use certain features of the MARKedPlace Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, postal code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
· Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the MARKedPlace Platform, even if you have not created an MARKedPlace Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the MARKedPlace Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Transaction Information for Subscribers. We collect information related to your transactions on the MARKedPlace Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
· We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the MARKedPlace Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your MARKedPlace profile with a third-party service (e.g., Facebook, twitter etc.), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
· Your References/Ratings. If someone has written a reference or supplied a rating for you, it will be published on your MARKedPlace public profile page.
· Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the MARKedPlace Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the MARKedPlace Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
· Enable you to access and use the MARKedPlace Platform.
· Enable you to communicate with other Members.
· Operate, protect, improve and optimize the MARKedPlace Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
· Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, expression history, and preferences.
· Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
· Provide customer service.
· Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
· If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
· Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
· Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
· Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your application and or registration or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
· Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
· Comply with our legal obligations.
· Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
· Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about MARKedPlace or partner campaigns and services).
· Personalise, measure, and improve advertising.
· Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by MARKedPlace or its third-party business partners
· We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your MARKedPlace Account.
· Sharing between platform members, candidates (Buyers/individuals requiring Funding); Education Providers (Sellers) and Funders.
· To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information with other Members as follows:
- When you as a Buyer submit an expression of interest, certain information about you is shared publicly (or with the Seller and /or Funder if applicable), including your full name, the full detail contained in your expression of interest to study and or be funded, and other information you agree to share. When your expression of interest is taken up by one or more Sellers, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating communication between parties, like your phone number and e-mail address.
- When you as a Seller or Funder, as applicable, have created an expression of interest to recruit and or fund Buyers, certain information is shared with the public to coordinate matching, this may include you or your organisation’s nominated contact person’s full name, phone number, e-mail address and organisations address.
- When Sellers offer Promotions, full details of the promotion as detailed in the expression of interest to promote courses will be made public, together with you or your organisations nominated contact person’s full name, phone number, e-mail address and organisations address.
The MARKedPlace Platform lets you publish information that is visible to the general public. For example:
· Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
· Public Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as is provided by the platform member during the registration process. This may include demographic information for individuals as well as supplied organisational details as is the case.
· After engaging with one another, members may write reviews and rate each other. Reviews are a part of your public profile page.
· If you submit content in a public forum or social media post, or use a similar feature on the MARKedPlace Platform, that content is publicly visible.
· Information you share publicly on the MARKedPlace Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
· MARKedPlace Payments may share your personal information to: (i) provide the Payment Services, (ii) facilitate your use of the MARKedPlace Platform, and (iii) jointly market products or services to you with other financial third parties with whom MARKedPlace Payments has a formal agreement.
· MARKedPlace may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against MARKedPlace , (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or other agreements with Members, (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of MARKedPlace , its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
· We will attempt to notify Members about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Airbnb’s property, its Members and the Platform (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
· We may display parts of the MARKedPlace Platform (e.g., your Listing page) on sites operated by MARKedPlace ’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
· If an expression of interest to buy and or fund is designated as being for a business or organisation and made by an authorised staff representative of the company or organization registered on the MARKedPlace platform, we may disclose information related to the business, organisation or enterprise, such as the name of the entity, the address, expression details, and other related information. In accordance with our terms and conditions and to facilitate the MARKedPlace operating model, we may also share this information with third parties to enable communication, provide administrative management and control, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services.
· If you have linked your MARKedPlace profile with an Enterprise, and you are creating expressions of interest on behalf of the enterprise and which are deemed to be for business purposes, we may disclose information related to the expression to your linked Enterprise. Typically, this may include your name, details of the expression, dates and time stamps of platform activity and any other relevant information pertaining to the listing. At the request of your Enterprise, we may also disclose this information to service providers engaged by it, such as companies that provide management services, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services. In the event of a dispute, emergency, or similar situation involving an expression of interest being identified as for business purposes, MARKedPlace may also share relevant information it believes is necessary to safely and quickly address the situation.
· We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
· You may review, update, or delete the information in your MARKedPlace Profile by logging into your MARKedPlace Profile and reviewing your settings.
· For information on how to cancel your MARKedPlace Account, review our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s). Note that information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the MARKedPlace Platform in association with your first name, even after your MARKedPlace Account is cancelled.
We may change this privacy statement. We will publish all changes on our website. The latest version of our privacy statement will replace all earlier versions, unless it says differently.